Well it’s finally over and idk what to do next(of course I do,lol) this was such a good drama for me and the political struggle was intense and omg I just loved to hate the queen.
Good things about this drama:
– The fighting scenes in this drama were awesome and just the way I like em without too much over the top fighting except now and then but I was able to forgive them for it.
– The romance between the second leads was awesome as well! Even I fell in love a bit with Red Demon but since he’s obviously a fictional character from another era and another country it wasn’t even remotely possible.
– Rang and the Grand Prince were cute as a basket of kittens and puppies and chocolates(don’t judge me,lol). I even started to ship them a little ❤
– The story line in my opinion was great though at moments it felt a bit repetitive and in the end it obviously was very rushed especially in the last episode.
– The very subtle bromance between red demon and choe won, yes i know CW and the prince had one but I prefer this one, the way they’re like where’s hyeongnim and you’ve come brother-in-law is just so cute. Even from before Choe Won already knew Red Demon had something for his sister that’s why he didn’t worry about her cause he knew she was well protected.
Things I am unhappy about:
– Did they really have to make my grand prince that way(yes mine,lol)? why? are you that happy you made him crazy? ><
– Kim Chi Yeong(the right state councilor) should have died a more torturous death a simple sword to the abdomen doesn’t cut it for me,lol
– The king should have made her drink the poison but since it wasn’t in the history books he lets her live but oh king how you’re gonna regret that decision in the after life.
– Why did So Baek have to lost her memory?why? Was that the only solution so that everyone would end up happy? Taking away from her the memory of her first love? really? and then you So Baek how can you not feel nothing when seeing the man you claimed to love? that part upset me a bit especially cause she just looked like a robot there just standing expressionless and stuff.
– The dull romance of Da In and Choe Won, yes I admit there were times where I fangirled over their moments but I never did at the level of Red Demon and CW’s sister. I’m not sure about you guys but when I ship the second leads more than the main leads it tells me there is something slightly wrong. Maybe cause both of them had very plain/blank expressions? Idk but these couple was screaming out the lack of chemistry. Because I have to say that the problem did lie in the lack of chemistry i’m pretty sure that if they had a good chemistry this drama would have been even more amazing.
I still regret nothing though I love this drama as it is regardless of it’s flaws cause it obviously did, but i’m not gonna get into that. I can safely say this will be one of my favorite dramas for 2013 as well. I was also surprised with Seulong’s acting I gotta say it was way better than I had expected because I was a bit wary of the fact he was an idol but he proved himself to be an actor in the making. Overall it was a great drama regardless of the all the cheesiness in the end but that could be just me,lol
Favorite Moments(because I have to include them,lol):